Previously I already post “What is Digital Marketing” in this blog (you can look from this link), now I will answer what most people still confuse, How Digital Marketing Work.
All of work, or most of the work are using internet resources.
- We can use Google Trend to find the potential demand that have specific problem;
- You can use forum, Facebook, Twitter etc and get information by read what people discuss the most;
- Use Google and type something with ‘problem’. Let say you want to know problem of travel alone. Just type “travel alone + problem” ;
- Look the best seller product like Amazon business book best seller. The books consist of solution for some problem;
Use online store to find the right product to help solve people’s problem;
We can use Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, Google etc
Build our own online store
Set up one blog, or landing page. It is up to you.
You can start by using free blog like Blogger, WordPress, Weebly, Wix etc
Wow, what can I say? This is my favourite topic all of the time. There are lot of channels you can use to get traffic (your potential customer).
- Facebook. You can use your posting on Facebook or you can build your Facebook Fan Pages or you can also use Facebook Ads. Conduct Facebook Live;
- Posting interesting tweet on Twitter. Or use Twitter Ads. Periscope, you can say something to your audience immediately;
- Instagram. Posting the pictures that make people want to know more, and put the link of your business. You can also make Instagram Live and put link inside them;
- Write high quality blog, this can be free blog or it become better if you use paid hosting. Simple, write just like you talk to your best friend;
- Write free ebooks and upload them to free ebook directory;
- Create simple powerpoint presentation, upload them to presentation sites like slideshare and docstoc;
- Modify the presentation, put some sound then upload to YouTube;
- Use Forum, engage with the discussion and provide them your recommendation;
- Pay per click, you can use Google Adwords or Bing Ads;
- Solo ads, it means you pay people who already have customer database, and you ask them to send your email promotion;
- You comment on Quora, help people solve their problem;
- You use Fiverr and pay someone to run marketing campaign for you, like writing articles, tweet etc
I can say that there is no limit in running the type of marketing campaign you want to use.
A little note:
If you are a beginner, then you need to pick one channel and really focus until you really make money. For example: if you use Twitter, then learn, execute, learn from the mistake, execute until you really make money.
Don’t run marketing campaign using Twitter and Facebook at the same time if you are beginner. You need Focus to succeed.