There are lot of people who still do not understand what digital marketing is, while the truth is they already have some experience facing the digital marketing itself.
- open Facebook account then you read people recommendation about how to travel to Bali, this is digital marketing;
- open Twitter account and read people recommendation about discount airline ticket program, this is digital marketing;
- read you friend’s Facebook posting then you look ads about new Dell XPS 13 laptop, this is digital marketing;
- look at YouTube videos about photography then you’ll find ads about new cheap digital camera, this is digital marketing;
- look at Instagram account about new man shoes with the phone number and website where to purchase, this is digital marketing;
- open Google looking the place to travel for new year then you look some ads about travel package, this is digital marketing;
- open your Gmail email then you notice the ads in the right side, this is digital marketing;
I know you already have some experiences about digital marketing, because now it looks like we couldn’t live without Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter etc.
Now we live in the world with too many information coming to us through social media and other online platform, but there is a good news that you can benefit from this condition.
Digital marketing is a marketing campaign that focus most of the activities using online resources. In simple term, marketing campaign through online resources.
You can sell product or service (or both) by using online resources like:
- Pay per click (like Google Adwords and Bing Ads)
- Blog (free or pad blog)
- Whatsapp Group
- Press release
- Free ebook
- Email marketing
Digital marketing begin by:
- Market research to find the right ‘demand’ to fulfill. This can be done by looking the best seller product in online sites like Ebay, Amazon, Magazines etc. I can say that this is the process to find ‘problem’ ;
- Product research to find the right ‘product’ to help solve the problem;
- Keyword research, this is very important because the right keyword will be used as ‘bait’ to gather people attention;
- Determine strategy to attract customer. It means you need to decide how you attract customer.Maybe you will use paid traffic if you have some budget, or you use free traffic. It is up to you;
- Set up your online infrastructure, like you create the website, or blog, or use social media only;
- Execute the plan by launching your marketing campaign;
I can say the whole process is done when your objective is to make money immediately. But there is a strategy to make you have passive income to your account regularly.
This strategy consist of when you run the marketing campaign to attract the customer, then you drive customer to fill in their name and email address first. This is the way you build your customer database. The process can be implemented by using autoresponder service like Getresponse, Aweber, Icontact etc;
After you build the customer database, you immediately send regular email of education related to the product they purchase. You also recommend other product as complement from their previous purchase.
Imagine if you build one thousand customer, two thousand customer or even ten thousand customer. By using autoresponder, you can promote and sell product regularly and automatic.
That’s the beauty of digital marketing;